1. Making Money is Killing Your Business
It debunks the idea that small business is a 30-year-grind, and introduces the concept of building a business in just three-to-five years that can run for extended periods without the founder being physically there.
2. Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got
This book focuses on helping you spot the hidden assets, overlooked opportunities, and untapped resources around you, and gives you, and gives you fresh eyes with which to see and capitalize on them.
You’ll also learn how to adapt and apply these tools to your unique circumstances to maximize your income, influence, power, and success.
5. The One-Page Marketing Plan
In The 1-Page Marketing Plan, serial entrepreneur and rebellious marketer Allan Dib reveals a marketing implementation breakthrough that makes creating a marketing plan simple and fast. It’s literally a single page, divided up into nine squares. With it you’ll be able to map out your own sophisticated marketing plan and go from zero to marketing hero.
4. Building a Story Brand
Donald Miller’s StoryBrand process is a proven solution to the struggle business leaders face when talking about their businesses.
This revolutionary method for connecting with customers provides readers with the ultimate competitive advantage, revealing the secret for helping their customers understand the compelling benefits of using their products, ideas, or services.
Building a StoryBrand does this by teaching readers the seven universal story points all humans respond to; the real reason customers make purchases; how to simplify a brand message so people understand it; and how to create the most effective messaging for websites, brochures, and social media.
5. The One Thing
You want less.
You want fewer distractions and less on your plate. The daily barrage of e-mails, texts, tweets, messages, and meetings distract you and stress you out. The simultaneous demands of work and family are taking a toll.
In The ONE Thing, you’ll learn to cut through the clutter, achieve better results in less time, build momentum toward your goal, dial down the stress, overcome that overwhelmed feeling, revive your energy, stay on track, master what matters to you.
What if, instead of finding ways to be one step ahead of your competition, you could build and market your business to give people a reason to choose you? What if you could completely reinvent a category or experience? What if you could stop trying to beat the competition, and become the competition?
Difference lifts the lid on how brands like Airbnb, Uber,
7. Insight Selling
Selling value to B2B buyers today can feel like trying to stop a freight train that’s hurtling towards the sales graveyard of commoditization and discounting. Today, an empowered buyer has done research, has a clear idea of his or her firm’s needs, and how much the firm is willing to pay. What this buyer wants is insight.
But how does a salesperson deliver insight so that it challenges the customer’s thinking without challenging the customer? That’s the question that this book will answer.
8. Dotcom Secrets
If you are currently struggling with getting traffic to your
Low traffic and weak conversion numbers are just symptoms of a much greater problem, a problem that’s a little harder to see (that’s the bad news), but a lot easier to fix (that’s the good news).
DotComSecrets will give you the marketing funnels and the sales scripts you need to be able to turn on a flood of new leads into your business.
9. No B.S. Guide to Direct Marketing
Kennedy dares marketers to dramatically simplify their marketing, refocusing on what works.
Updated to address the newest media and marketing methods, this marketing master plan — from marketing master Kennedy—delivers a short list of radically different, little-known, profit-proven direct mail strategies for ANY business.
Strategies are illustrated by case history examples from an elite team of consultants—all phenomenally successful at borrowing direct marketing strategies from the world of mail-order, TV infomercials, etc., to use in ’ordinary’ businesses including retail stores, restaurants, and sales.
10. 7L: The Seven Levels of Communication
Can you imagine receiving a referral each and every day? Neither could real estate agent Rick Masters.
(7L) The Seven Levels of Communication tells the entertaining and educational story of Rick Masters, who is suffering from a down economy when he meets a mortgage professional who has built a successful business without advertising or personal promotion.
This heartwarming tale of Rick’s trials and triumphs describes the exact strategies that helped him evolve from the Ego Era to the Generosity Generation. This book is about so much more than referrals.
The Rest of the Best
Bolded books are more of my favorites.
- The Richest Man in Babylon (George S. Clason)
- The One-page Marketing Plan (Allan Dib)
- The Non-Profit Narrative (Dan Portnoy)
- Secrets of a Master Closer (Mike Kaplan)
- Physics for Future Presidents (Richard A. Muller)
- Making Money is Killing Your Business (Chuck Blakeman)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (Marie Kondo)
- From Decision to Close (Scottie Smith, II)
- The Best Mortgage (Elysia Strobe)
- Unshakeable – Tony Robbins
- Crush It! – Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck – Mark Manson
- Purple Cow – Seth Godin
- Dotcom Secrets – Russell Brunson
- High-Paid Consultant- Frank Kearn
- Shoe Dog- Phil Knight
- The One Thing – Gary Keller
- Predictably Irrational – Dan Ariely
- Launch – Jeff Walker
- Scientific Advertising- Claude Hopkins
- 47 Little Love Boosters for a Happy Marriage – Marko Petkovic
- No B.S. Direct Marketing – Dan Kennedy
- The Ultimate Marketing Plan – Dan Kennedy
- Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
- Growth Hacker Marketing – Ryan Holliday
- Secret Sauce – Austin Alred & Vin Clancey
- Local Small Business Marketing – Alex Genadinik
- Difference – Bernadette Jiwa
- Building a Story Brand – Donald Miller
- Trust Me, I’m Lying – Ryan Holliday
- Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising- Perry Marshall
- Traction: Explosive Customer Growth- Gabriel Weinberg
- Seven Levels of Communication – Michael Maher
- The Idiot Proof Guide to Making Money with Growth Hacking – Vin Clancy
- How Giving Away FREE Information Can Effortlessly Double or Triple Your Sales – Everte Farnell
- Internet Marketing Guide for Promoting Your Event – Kari Nettel
- No B.S. Price Strategy – Dan Kennedy
- Growth Hacking: Silicon Valley’s Best Kept Secret – Raymond Fong and Chad Riddersen
- Ultimate Sales Letter – Dan Kennedy
- The One-Hour Content Plan – Meera Kothand
- Value-Based Marketing – Lon Kafka
- Raving Fans – Ken Blanchard
- Insight Selling – Michael Harris
- Promise Me, Dad – Joe Biden
- 7 Strategies for Wealth and Happiness – Jim Rohn
- A Win Without Pitching Manifesto – Blair Enns
- Six Figure Author: Using Data to Sell Books – Chris Fox
- This Book Will Teach You How to Write Better – Neville Medhora
- Show Your Work – Austin Kleon
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor Frankl
- Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth, and Impact the World – Peter Diamandis
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action – Simon Sinek
- The Compound Effect – Darren Hardy
- Pitch Perfect – Bill McGowan
- The Everything Store – Brad Stone
- Don’t Think of an Elephant – George Lakoff
- Basic Physics – Karl F. Kuhn
- Delivering Happiness – Tony Hsieh
- Kickass Copywriting – Susan M. Gunelius
- Local Business Marketing – Perry Marshall
- The Power of Self-Confidence – Brian Tracy
- Artificial Intelligence: What Everyone Needs to Know – Jerry Kaplan
- The Ultimate Sales Machine – Chet Holmes
- Machine Learning: The New AI – Ethem Alpaydin
- Zag: The #1 Strategy of High-Performance Brands – Marty Neumeier
- Insight Selling: Surprising Research on What Sales Winners Do – Mike Schultz
- Creative Strategy and the Business of Design – Douglas Davis
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us – Daniel H. Pink
- The Challenger Sale – Matthew Dixon
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future – Kevin Kelly
- The Art of Empathy – Karla McLaren
- Spin Selling – Neil Rackham
- The 10X Rule – Grant Cardone
- Sapiens – Yuval Harari
- Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Relationships That Matter – Scott Gerber, Ryan Paugh
- Artifical Intelligence Simplified – Dr. Binto George, Gail Carmichael
- Principles – Ray Dalio
- Smarter, Faster, and Better: The Secrets of Being Productive – Charles Duhigg
- The Adweek Copywriting Handbook – Joseph Sugarman
- Black and Decker: The Complete Guide to Wiring – Editors of Cool Spring Press
- Financial Intelligence for Entrepreneurs – Karen Berman, Joe Knight
- The Boron Letters – Gary C. Halbert, Bond Halbert
- Data Smart: Using Data Science to Transform Information – John W. Foreman
- The Dan Sullivan Question – Dan Sullivan
- Trimalchio – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Business Adventures – John Brooks
- Breakthrough Advertising – Martin Edelston and Eugene Schwartz
- Ogilvy on Advertising – David Ogilvy
- Blue Ocean Strategy – W. Chan Kim
- Will It Fly? – Pat Flynn
- Cashvertising – Drew Eric Whitman
- The Robert Collier Letter Book – Robert Collier
- Methods of Persuasion – Nick Kolenda
- Positioning – Al Reis
- Brand Identity Breakthrough – Gregory Diehl and Alex Miranda
- Never Split the Difference – Chris Voss
- Made to Stick – Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- Cracking the Website Code – Janice Cumberlidge
- A Coffee Lover’s Guide to Coffee – Shlomo Stern
- I Need More Clients – Jason Ciment
GET AWESOME, ACTIONABLE DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES
I send out my coolest stuff via email. Sign up to get awesome, actionable how-to’s and more to grow your small business.